Monday, May 27, 2013
Thursday, May 23, 2013
A few things before you watch the video...
- When we arrived in Italy I MADE the girls promise to learn to shoot video with me. So this video is a combined effort from all of us.
- Confession...most of the time we forgot to shoot any video.
- We learned a LOT!
- The song is by Caro Emerald a popular European artist. "Tangled Up" came on the radio and teenage Andrea turned it up loud...we fell in love with it instantly. As will you I believe!
- I owe Dean about 10 pies for taking the time to put it together for me. He had to view tons of ridiculous raw footage.
- I am addicting to video and plan on diving into it more!
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Italy has about a million Espresso cafes scattered across the country. Every day Italians stop in for a quick shot of Espresso or cup of coffee.
Downloading Rick Steve's travel guides to the iPad was a genius idea...I highly recommend it!
Pompei was founded in 600 B.C. and soon after became a booming middle-class Roman city.
A.D. 79, Mount Vesuvius erupted sending a mushroom cloud of ash, dust, and rocks rocketing 12 miles into the air. The city of Herculaneum, closer to the volcano was engulfed and destroyed.
All of the remaining residents were killed immediately leaving Pompeii and it's inhabirtants entombed in millions of tons of volcanic ash for centuries.
Which is the perfect place to have a little lovely Italian lunch with friends.
Pizza was on all of our minds. Does our waiter look Italian or what?
is simply perfect for shopping,