Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Chicken Pot Pie

Oh summer...you are finally here!
Dean trooped out to the garden today to see what he could find for dinner. Surprise, surprise, surprise...look what he brought me. One of our family's favorite Sunday dinners is Chicken Pot Pie. We usually have this meal during the cold winter months. However...the very best Chicken Pot Pie is made with fresh summer vegetables.
Here are the ingredients all mixed together and ready for the crust!

Freshly baked Chicken Pot Pie...can you smell it yet? You should taste it...trust me, it's delicious!

And here is where it all happens.
Dean's garden this year is the best I've ever seen him grow. Every day we walk out and encourage the tomatoes to grow faster...hurry...hurry...turn red. I need to make our famous Ultimate Tomato Cheese Sandwiches. We can hardly wait.
New this year...my herb garden.
I have many different herbs growing here... including Parsley, Tarragon, Cilantro, Rosemary, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, Chives, Mint, and my favorite... Basil.
***
Are you hungry yet? Come on over...there's a little bit left over.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your garden. I'll be lucky if we have any veggies by mid August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so Yummy! Do you share your recipe? How does Dean have time for such a beautiful garden with all his travel? hmmm maybe the bees do the weeding while he is away ;)!!

    ReplyDelete