I awoke on 10.10.10 at 7:10 this morning expecting to do something spectacular to document this unique occurrence. After all, 10.10.10 will not happen again in my lifetime. I tried to convince the teenager and the hubby that we should think of something amazing! Neither one of them showed even the slightest interest in my quest. So I decided to make 10 observations that struck me during the day.
- According to the math nerd husband 10.10.10 is 42 in binary code.
- According to the teenager, 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. He has evidently been watching way too much of "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy".
- Taking a walk on a cool-ish warm October afternoon you can smell a Sunday pot roast cooking in just about every other home you walk by.
- Izzy is the biggest mooch of a pooch I have ever seen. She can smell food being prepared from any corner of the house or yard.
- Fall is my favorite time of year...unless it happens to be winter or spring or summer.
- I should receive an award for bravery. After nearly stepping on a ridiculously huge rattlesnake last week while walking the Deer Fence trail, today I walked that trail again without freaking out...well mostly not freaking out.
- My days of watching chick flicks are over since I am outnumbered by males in the house 2:1. Now I watch things like The Simpsons.
- I am an excellent homemade roll baker.
- My uniform cuteness test to predict the outcome of an NFL or college football game (see #7 above) works about 75% of the time.
- The men in this house LOVE desert but aren't interested in anything fun for 10.10.10.