Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yes, But What Day Is It

Confession...I was standing in the checkout line of my local grocery store a few years ago. It was enough years back that I was writing a check instead of swiping a card.


"What is today I asked the clerk?" She responded with "Well it's Cinco de mayo!"

"Yes, but what day is it?" Laughter and guffaws errupted behind me. Yes, their all-knowing mother didn't know that Cinco de mayo meant literally...the fifth of May. And I learned it from a grocery clerk!


So there you go...I am admitting it...I did not know what Cinco de mayo was for a ridiculous long time. Judge away...

"Mom, really, can I just eat my Cinco de mayo food without a camera in my face."

By the way...Hubby just flew in from Mexico City today and reported that no one in Mexico celebrates this holiday anyway!

I might not be so ridiculous after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment