Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Niece Baby & Nephew Baby

Lawyer girl calls the wee ones...niece baby and nephew baby. Given that these babes are the children of her big sister; of course she will adore them...but most likely she will spoil them completely.

Last week Lawyer Girl left sunny California to come fill her arms with babies. 

I imagine Olivia will soon learn of her Auntie's immense love of music, especially the piano.

I imagine Lawyer girl will encourage Olivia to learn a concerto or two.

I imagine she and Henry will discuss great literature, movies, and politics some day. "Yo Auntie Didi...did you see that new episode of Yo Gabba Gabba?"

I imagine Henry will even pick up some of that sharp wit and sarcasm that every member of The Garlick Press seems to possess.

I imagine Olivia will seek out her hip Auntie when choosing between a Kate Spade or a Juicy Couture bag.

And I imagine that Lawyer Girl will learn a thing or two from niece baby and nephew baby as well.

If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean, in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
                                                                                                                  ~Vincent Van Gogh




4 comments:

  1. love that quote!!

    such a darling family.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspiring! Love those babies and Auntie too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO Sweet Lisa!! I'm thinking little Henry's expression while sitting on Dione's lap, looks just like the Teenager!!! Please tell him I said so. I'm sure he will agree:)
    Happy you got to enjoy your daughter this summer!

    ReplyDelete