Thursday, November 29, 2012

Awesome Avery Orange


Funky, spunky and with a personality that sparkles as much as her eyes, Janette will surely surprise and amuse you.


I met Janette in Oregon at the Hometown Photographer's Workshop...where we instantly became friends. We laughed and giggled and stayed up way too late. Beautiful and confident, she was a natural in front of my camera. But it wasn't until learning of each other's broken mother hearts, that we realized the depths of our bond.


You see, Janette's son Avery passed away unexpectedly just a few short months ago. Oh those freckles, those glistening eyes, and that red hair...be still my heart!

 Avery loved his family including all of his siblings.

He loved to play the piano, play on computers, everything Pokemon and the color orange as it was his signature color!

 Avery loved spending time with his Dad

 and going on fun vacations with his family.

 But Avery really loved his Mom. For every boy's first love...is his mother!

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." 
-Christopher Robin to Pooh

Avery's memorial jiggystick designed and created exclusively as a gift for his family and not for sale.

Awesome Avery Orange jiggystick...for Avery, for his family, for his friends, and especially for his Mom. 

Thank you Janette for sharing your photos of Avery and allowing us to honor your sweet boy while celebrating his life and legacy! 

9 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful heart Lisa <3
    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This touches on such a deep level. Thank you for sharing this. I am going to wear orange today in honor of Avery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Avery with us Janette & Lisa. What a special gift "Awesome Avery Orange".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabe and I just sat and cried as we read this and scrolled through Avery's photos. He is the cutest little boy! I think I'd make that first photo poster size. I told Gabe it's good to cry for people because we can take away a tiny sliver of your pain. I hope that's true.

    Janette and family, we are so very very sorry. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my heart just hurts at the pain...you angel mothers are truly truly special.

    thank you for sharing this with us Lisa. you never cease to amaze. you have a heart of pure gold (en honey;)!!

    p.s. just trying to order jiggy sticks and lotion bars for the holiday and am having trouble with logging in. i am fairly computer illiterate, but i may have made an account last year and cannot recall? can i email you my order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashli, your sweet comment means so much to me. About ordering...Dean just deleted your account on jiggystick.com, so go ahead and just start a new one when you visit the site to order. Send us an email at info@jiggystick.com if you have any troubles. And thanks for your love and support.

      November 30, 2012 5:59 PM

      Delete
  6. Beautifly written Lisa! You are both amazing women and feel blessed to call you my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my mother heart. What a beautiful boy. So many hugs to the family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me teary-eyed. I can only imagine your pain, and my heart hurts for you both. Yet through your pain you are able to inspire others. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete