Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Angels...

I believe in angels and collect the ones with red hair.

My very good friend Debi gave me one made from her mother's old hankies.

Inspired...gracious Michelle gave me one before she even knew I collected them.

Susie commissioned an artist to paint this one skiing down the mountain.

Adorning their own tree for years, my NYC friends carefully packaged up their angel and sent it to add to my collection.

Woolly acorn hat angel was crafted by my friend Leisa who owns Black Sheep Woolens. She has tiny delicate stitches hand embroidered on her top and little bendy legs.

Each little angel has her own story to tell of how she came to be on my tree, like this unique stained glass angel from Kris. And each one reminds me of how much I am loved by so many people around me.

Jocie's girlfriend and kindred spirit Lindsay added this skinny purple legged angel. Each of the heavenly little beings have something endearing that reminds me of my red head.

And then there is this one hand stitched by Ronda, who is currently in a battle against cancer.

From Lori's elegant addition topping the tree, to the most eclectic one hanging from a lower branch; each Christmas since losing my girl...these red-haired angels make it just a bit easier to bear the very thought of another Christmas without Jocie.


Today I added this innocent and childlike angel...in memory of twenty little angels from Connecticut that abruptly and sadly found their way to heaven last Friday morning. My heart aches and heaves for their Mommies and Daddies.


6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and meaningful collection. Thank you for sharing it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog sometime in 2011 through my Aunt happening across your story behind your lip gloss that you sell. I have often checked in to read your posts about your family happenings and such. I don't know you or your family, but feel so inspired by you all.

    I am getting married next month and will be gaining two stepdaughters. Already, I cannot imagine my life without them or their Father. I, too, am LDS, and feel blessed for the promise of eternity with our loved ones. Thank you so much for your desire and willingness to share your life with the world.

    Thank you for your example of how to rise above the hardest trial of your life: losing your daughter. I pray that the Lord continues to bless you and your loved ones. I have no doubt that Jocie peeks in on you all from time and time and is pleased and proud of her family here.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May 2013 bring all you need and more.

    Kourtney Doty (soon to be Camarillo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kourtney
      I truly appreciate your comment and thoughts on this post. I think all bloggers wonder why we blog, but comments like yours and the others here resonate deeply and mean so much. I definitely feel Jolie's touch in our lives you are absolutely right about that.Congrats on your upcoming wedding and enjoy every second with your new family.

      Delete
  3. Your collection of meaningful angels touches my heart. Beauty beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Lisa. It's always heartwarming to read your posts and see a glimpse of your life. I am always in awe of your journey to healing. So inspiring. Reminds me to be thankful for every little blessing.

    ReplyDelete